Mr. Adalbert Liebich was an innkeeper with body and soul. He had his first inn in Waldmatt in the Black Forest, the second in Frickingen and then in Kogenbach the “Luisenhöhe”.
In 1913 he bought today’s restaurant in Andelshofen as a farm. The farmstead at that time came from the middle of the 16th century and originally served as a tavern for travelers passing through the postal road. A tavern was a rest stop where everyone was given a place to sleep: for a fee in a bed, free of charge on straw. This rest stop was assigned to the Order of St. John, headquarters in Überlingen. Adalbert Liebich converted the house into a rural restaurant and added a large hall for dance events, theater plays, Christmas parties, etc.A space in which the cultural life of the village took place.